History
The Caroline Ag Society traces its origins to the early 1950s with the donation of land for community recreational use. The Caroline Athletic Association was formed to administer the land, eventually incorporating under the Societies Act in 1953. The first facility featured an indoor natural ice curling rink as well as an outdoor skating rink with boards.
In 1967, with the assistance of a Centennial Grant fund, change rooms, bathrooms, a lobby, and concession were added to the outdoor rink, followed by a roof for the outdoor rink in 1971/72. In 1981 the Athletic Association became the Caroline & District Athletic & Agricultural Society under the AG Societies ACT. The rink received new dressing rooms, an artificial ice plant, a new curling rink, and a new community hall connected to the south end of the rink.
In the late 1980's Clearwater County purchased land south of the existing recreation grounds on which two ball diamonds and washrooms were built. The facilities have received several renovations in the ensuing years, most recently in 2014 with reconstruction of the ball diamonds and the addition of washrooms and a concession area.
2014 also saw the construction of a new building on the south end of the facility, which is now home to the Caroline Fitness Center, HUB Meeting Room, Caroline Dental Clinic, Playschool Kids Corner, Caroline Health & Wellness Center and a Dance Studio.
As we look towards the future, the Caroline Ag Society is proud to recognize more than half a century of vision, support, and investment in the community.
Meet Our Board
Executive
Kelly Tubbs
President
Shannon Paradis
Vice President
Jayme Hunter
Treasurer
Morgan Spooner
Secretary
Directors
Kristina Dezall
Kyle Collison
Patricia Tricker
Patricia Robertson
Deb Skeels
Clearwater County Representative
Breanne Powell